NAPFIS - The Home of Passive Fire Control
The role of passive fire systems within buildings is critical to the overall fire safety of the building design and consequently for its occupants.
Rigorous test procedures are required from manufacturers for these systems; ensuring the highest product quality and performance is supplied to the construction sector. However, the quality assurance process often collapses at the point of installation. This raises the question: “How can you ensure correct installation?”
There are various schemes of auditing available within the industry, offering spot checks and certification. These schemes are effective, but can be costly to the trades person and companies that install passive fire systems.
It is common knowledge that most installers of passive fire prevention products belong to the traditional trades: carpentry, plumbing, bricklaying, painting and decorating, electrical, etc. Not only do they install passive fire protection systems in new builds, but also during the maintenance of existing properties. These trades people are often employed, and the cost to join existing auditing schemes is prohibitive.
At NAPFIS we provide appropriate training to give you the knowledge to correctly certify your work and we provide you with the ongoing support in relation to the standards of passive fire protection.
NAPFIS provides a self Auditing system that is a first within the industry and an automatic system that reminds all Recipients of a NAPFIS installation Certificate that it is time for its annual inspection.
So what is NAPFIS doing to reduce our carbon footprint?
- We no longer use paper at all we now have no use for using paper all our information is digital.
- We no longer hold face to face training sessions. Cutting out travelling, overnight stays and travelling home.
- We no longer undertake site inspection* currently and for the foreseeable future all members installation inspections are undertaken via a self-audit, members submit full details pictures and videos on work to be assessed. * Should at any time the assessor needs to visit site to ensure an assessment is accurate then site visits will be undertaken.
- We generate our own electricity via solar panels and storage.
- We no longer use the postal system all communication is via email, facetime or VoIP phone.
- We encourage the non-use of printed word, encouraging the use of email.
- We use a hosting company that stores our information and keeps our system operational 24/7 with a proven reduced carbon footprint.
- We actively encourage all members to follow in our footsteps to reduce the carbon footprint we leave.